This was a bit of a rough weekend.
Friday night I met with a tattoo shop owner for advice on tattooing. I meet again with him tomorrow to discuss an apprenticeship and possibly running a second shop for him in another location.
Then I went out to a bar (something I rarely do) to check out a local musician who is playing in a 2 man band setup (with his son) that utlilizes some pre-recorded backing tracks.
This is something I am very interested in doing myself, so I wanted to check it out.
I then stayed up til the sun came out working on stuff for my businesses, downloading music, and watching episodes of Smallville.
I got up early Saturday morning (2 hours after falling asleep) and got ready to audition for a local band.
I thought the audition went well and I had a real good time, but I was informed that they are going to audition more people in the next few weeks. Oh, well.
Then within a half hour of arriving home, I was informed that members of my family were getting together to do something special for my recently departed mother-in-law.
In the video above you can see what we did. I believe these are called chinese lanterns. We had over 30 of these that we lit and released. Contrary to what you may hear in the video, no nearby houses caught fire.
Upon arriving home Saturday night, I spent several hours attempting to install a driver to my business partner's laptop. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about this kind of thing, but I'm a quick learner (usually) and I figured I could do it. WRONG. There is something wrong with the operating system and we need to re-install Windows XP in the laptop. Awake until 4:30 in the morning working on this, and then got up at 8am to work on it for another half hour before getting ready for my weekly business meeting.
Sunday was spent having our weekly business meeting, which was cut a little short due to my lack of sleep the previous 2 days. And a lovely steak dinner at my business partners home before I headed home to try to get some rest.
Today I am checking into my business options. There may be a cheaper way to do what we are doing. I just need to compare the difference of a one time fee vs having to pay for hosting and a domain name every year.
I wish I had a mentor for this kind of stuff, instead of wasting some much time researching stuff and trial and error marketing.
Well, time to put my nose back to the grindstone.
No comments:
Post a Comment