Friday, October 25, 2013

Advertising Headaches.


In trying to keep my businesses seperate in my own mind, I use several email accounts. Most of these accounts are thru Google's gmail. I tried to learn as much as I could before signing up for all these things, but not knowing what I would need to know beforehand, I missed a couple of pieces of information that could've made my life a lot easier.

The area of problem involves Google's adSense. I have ab adSense account associated with gmail address (A) but not with account (B). I host blogs with both of these accounts and wanted to place adSense ads on the newer blogs. I thought I would need to sign up for another adSense account using (B), but it turns out that I could just add them to the adSense account associated with (A). Then it just gets too confusing to explain. I am having trouble linking the accounts because (B) is associated with a pending account and I can't find a way to directly contact the wonderful folks at Google to try to deactivate the pending account.

And then an adSense ad showed up on one of my sites from account (B). Not all of the accounts I put in, only one ad always on the same page. Maybe the rest will show up later. I'm taking a break from it now and I'll see what it looks like later.

I used up a ton of advertising credits on traffic exchange and safelist sites, so I'm surfing ads today to earn more credits. It's pretty boring but at least I can sit here and listen to music while I'm doing it.

Well, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment